Tuesday, May 29, 2007

more on food

So I was frustrated that some of what Barbara Kingsolver says in her latest book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, because it's not practical for those of us who have to work to know where all our food comes from. Then she hooked me on the thought of making cheese. I mean, I've made crummy fresh cheese that goes in a crummy saag paneer recipe, but I found a place to buy that not far from my office. But now I'm intrigued by the thought of making cheese at home. Maybe I can get B to help me.
I now have a signature dessert -- lemon mousse, from Ray's Boathouse Cookbook. Yum! G made a great cole slaw from it, with cabbage, bean sprouts, green beans, and a wasabi-flavored sauce. Yum yum!

4 comments:

rachel said...

The coleslaw is from the cookbook, not the lemon mousse, right?

Momdre said...

Both are. Aside from all the fish recipes, I think you'd like it (the lemon pie is great too but a lot more work. And the other desserts look tempting too.)

rachel said...

no, I meant that the coleslaw is made from a recipe in the cookbook, not made out of the lemon mousse.

Even my attempt as clarification was unclear. Ridiculous.

Momdre said...

Sorry I was not clear, there was no lemon mousse in the coleslaw.