Tuesday, July 24, 2007

the fretting begins

Sunday afternoon we figured out most of the details of the trip to the Queen Charlottes, determining we can leave on Friday August 3, getting reservations for places to camp on our way to Prince Rupert, more reservations for where to stay while on the Queen Charlottes, getting a ferry reservation to leave. Nice to have that all worked out -- everything seems to be going together well.

So I woke up early this morning, starting to worry about all the little details. Like: what kind of food should we take for camping after we've been on the tour for four days, how expensive will food be on the islands, how exhausted will we be after spending all night on a ferry boat (and why does it take 9 hours to go 9 miles), how many pairs of shoes should I take on the tour (hiking boots, the required rubber boots I have yet to buy, tennis shoes, sandals??), etc. I proved to myself yet again that I am a very good fretter.

No comments: